Thank you for your interest in the Cherokee County Search & Rescue Team.
Requirements: No special skills are necessary to join however we do have an application process.
- Applicants must reside within Cherokee County, Georgia.
- Must complete a SAR Volunteer application.
- Go through a detailed background check and must be approved by the Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services.
- New applicants must attend a introductory orientation and pass a minimal physical performance evaluation.
Training: Team meetings and training is scheduled on the 3rd Monday and the following Saturday of each month, year round. Training starts at 7 pm on Mondays and 8 am on the following Saturday. The meetings are usually held at various Fire Stations within Cherokee county, but the location is subject to change. It’s a good idea to call to get information to confirm the location if you are interested in attending.
Checklist for successfully applying:
- Download and print the SAR Volunteer application from the link above.
- Fill out the application IN FULL, and in ink.
- Page 11 of the application (Consent Waiver Form) must be NOTARIZED.
- Turn in your completed application in person to the following address:
150 Chattin Drive
Canton, GA 30115
More information on the team can also be obtained by emailing or calling: